Terms of Service
These Terms of Service are only valid for Anarchism.space . If you can't agree with the conditions below, you can still use Mastodon, but you should use another instance with different conditions. Or you can deploy your own instance, where you can set your own terms.
- After you sign up, you have to verify your email address. Check your spam folder if you didn't receive a verification email.
- We have to adhere to US law. It sucks but otherwise we could get shut down.
- You are personally fully responsible and accountable for what you publish on Anarchism.space . Without any exception, whether you use a pseudonym/alias or not. In other words: we from anarchism.space and the Mastodon Project in general are completely not responsible and accountable for what you publish, in any form whatsoever.
We do not accept (among other things),
- hate speech
- (sexual) abuse of anyone
- glorification of violence
- right-wing populism
- religious extremism
- Stalinists, Maoists, Trotskyists, or other authoritarian communists
- (right-wing) conspiracy bullshit
- and of course no spam and other forms of advertisement (exluding the promotion of personal projects in a non-disruptive and annoying way
- We accept all languages, although English tends to be the most popular on here. But please join us if you are from somewhere else! The more diversity, the better!
- We always keep the right to silence or suspend your account. Please use the report tool if you think someone on this instance or another instance did not comply with our guidelines.
Content warnings and sensitive images
- On Anarchism.space, a few exceptions aside, it's the responsibility of the user to determine which texts should be placed behind a content warning (CW) and which (video) images should be marked as sensitive. Advice is to see how your followers do it.
- We have made a few exceptions for anarchism.space . If we say that something doesn't need to be done, you can of course still do it. Please note that on other Mastodon servers these exceptions may be stricter or less severe.
- You must mark stories that include *phobias (text and medias
- You must mark erotic and pornographic images as sensitive (NSFW). Please note that pornography is only permitted if there is no abuse, including commercial exploitation and misogyny. Texts with the same topic should go behind a content warning (CW).
- You must mark bloody, violent, war and medical images as sensitive (NSFW). Text that describes these images in a graphical way should go behind a content warning (CW).
- You must mark images of drugs, drug use and excessive alcohol consumption as sensitive (NSFW). Texts with the same topic should go behind a content warning (CW).
- Spoilers should go behind a content warning (CW).
- toots about topics like suicide and self-harm should also go behind a content warning (CW).
- Everything you toot is yours and stays yours. We don't own your content. You are free to release your toots under any kind of license. We advise you to use a Creative Commons license. You can put this in short in your bio. By default all rights are yours. Work from others is of course not your work and using that is completely your risk. So keep yourself well informed about the copyright of third party content. Usually more flexible conditions apply for embedded content and citations.
- anarchism.space and the Mastodon project cannot, in any way be held liable for damages and harm. anarchism.space and the Mastodon Project work hard to prevent fatal server and software failures, but we can never ever guarantee this.
- Please remember that everything you publish on Mastodon, including direct/private toots, is readable for anarchism.space's moderators/administrators (every Mastodon instance can read all toots of its own users). Although we promise that we only read certain posts when we receive reports about e.g. harassment, you should never use Mastodon for confidential communication. There are better options, like using end-to-end encryption.
- What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on our site and gather data when you participate in Mastodon by posting, replying, boosting and favoriting content.
- When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name and email address. You may, however, visit our site without registering. Your email address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control that email address.
- We register during every session your current IP address.
- How do we protect your information?
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
- Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enables your web browser to remember your login status during multiple sessions, and improves the reliability of your current session.
- Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
- The law can force us to release information about you (see data retention). But we will resist as far as our capabilities allow this
Third party links
- We may offer links to third party products or services on our site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Usage of this site by children
- Our site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old. If you are under the age of 13 do not use this site.