covid, social change
in germany, things that should become clearer with the #corona crisis:
- the meat industry needs to be stopped
- exploiting poor people from poorer countries in the meat and agriculture industry needs to be stopped
- car culture needs to be stopped
- excessive flying needs to stop
- people with kids need to be supported
- the police has to be abolished
- the medical sector should not be for profit but a public thing.
well,, it was all clear before corona.
Our hollowed out downtowns and declining chain-plagued commercial neighborhoods can be replaced with outpourings of community — it’s *cops* that stop people from gathering on their stoops and rooftops, sharing food, feeling safe
Wow, I am surprised at this! So many people I know face to face rarely do!
When replying to someone, what if their profile text was pulled up and placed somewhere near the box you were typing in, to give you a better idea of who the fuck they ARE in this modern nightmare hellscape free of all signifiers of a person beyond "their choice of username and maybe an icon, if you're lucky"?
Architects who design libraries are sadists.
And if you missed 'how to make friends' in kindergarten, which I'm sure a lot of you did because your parents were authoritarian fuckos and twisted all the lessons, come see me and we'll talk.
I write. Words, programs, poems.
Talk to me about community, queerness & unschooling
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!